"SIIS supports a sound insurance marketplace in Texas and Oklahoma by providing factual and timely information to the media, consumers, regulators, legislators and our membership. "
SIIS Consumer Videos - After the Storm Tips and Selecting a Contractor After a Storm
AFTER THE STORM TIPS and SELECTING A CONTRACTOR AFTER A STORM
Preparing for Hurricane Season 2012
NOAA HURRICANE AWARENESS VIDEOS
More Featured Videos - "Severe Weather Contractor Scams" and "Caught In the Act: Roofers Charged With Insurance Fraud
The National Insurance Crime Bureau has valuable advice on post-storm contractor scams. "If you didn't request it, reject it."
Atlanta's WSB-TV, Ch. 2, worked with the Georgia Insurance Commissioner's staff recently to identify how unscrupulous roofers attempt to take advantage of the law and their customers. Click on the link below to view the story.
- Various Opinions: Too Much Secrecy in Windstorm Woes
- Various Opinions: Fixing a Broke – and Broken – TWIA
- Various Opinions: Maybe Texas Should Elect the Insurance Commissioner
- Various Opinions: Island Leaders Just Don’t Get It
- Deceptive Roofing Contractors Costing Texans Millions
- The Texas Windstorm Insurance Association - Challenges and Solutions, December 2011